Major Changes to Brampton's Biggest New Year's Eve Party Tomorrow
If you were planning to check out the New Year's Eve festivities in downtown Brampton tomorrow, Sunday December 31, 2017, there have been some major changes to the event schedule that you will want to know about.
The Garden Square event has been shortened drastically due to extreme cold weather conditions, the city announced this afternoon -- instead of a five-hour event including kid-friendly activities, the event has been shortened to 60 minutes.
Originally, entertainment was set to begin at 7 p.m.
Now, some performances have been cut, and the remainder will begin just an hour before the big countdown, at 11 p.m.
The mainstage will feature Brampton’s own rapper, Pryde, who going to take over the Square with a brand new, Brampton-focused setlist this NYE.
Don't forget that you can take Brampton Transit for free after 7 p.m., and you can park for free at any of the municipal parking garages: Rose Theatre, City Hall, West Tower, Market Square, Nelson Square, John Street.Road closures will be as follows:Main Street: 10 p.m. to 1 a.m.
- Queen Street to Nelson Street East
- Queen Street to Wellington Street East
- Main Street to George Street
- Main Street to Chapel Street/Theatre Lane
- Main Street South to George Street South
- Driver stopped for going more than double the speed limit in Brampton
- Province confirms route for new highway that will run through Brampton
- Houses in Brampton significantly more expensive than they were just one year ago
- Many Canadians concerned about returning to their office
- Suspended driver allegedly caught with firearm during traffic stop in Brampton