Major Coffee Chain Announces Huge Changes to Menu
Great news if you’re all about that natural life.
A major coffee chain is making some big changes to its menu.
Artificial colours, flavours, preservatives, and high fructose corn syrup are being removed from all beverages at Second Cup.
“We know that Canadian consumers are making more informed food choices,” said Second Cup president and CEO Garry Macdonald.
“They care about what’s in their food and drinks, and they’re looking for options they can feel good about.”
Changes to the ‘Clean Label’ beverages were announced on Jan. 4 and 25 drinks currently achieve the clean standard, representing 70 per cent of the chain’s beverage menu.
This includes non-flavoured brewed coffee, lattes, cappuccinos and smoothies, plus many signature products such as the iconic hot chocolate and white hot chocolate, vanilla bean latte, and moccaccino.
The company says it’s been “quietly testing the menu changes for months to ensure that the reformulation doesn’t change the great taste” of the beverages.
“We’re proud to be leading the Canadian coffee market in a move to Clean Label beverages,” said Macdonald.
Products that meet the Clean Label standard will be marked with a unique leaf-like symbol on Second Cup’s menu boards.
Customers can also search online for a full list.
- 18-Year-Old Killed In Highway Shooting In Brampton
- Police Responding to Robbery at Gunpoint in Brampton
- Peel Police Concerned About Missing 25-Year-Old Woman From Brampton
- Peel Police Investigating Assault Near Plaza In Brampton
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: OPP Pulls Over Brampton Driving Instructor Making Illegal U-Turn On Highway
- Major Coffee Chain Banning Plastic Straws
- Major Coffee Chain Shuts Down All Online Shopping
- A Very Unique New Menu Item Has Finally Launched at a Popular Coffee Shop in Canada
- Tim Hortons Introduces Valentine’s Day Menu Items in Brampton
- Is a Well-Known Coffee Chain Enjoying a Resurgence in Brampton?