Major Coffee Chain Announces Huge Changes to Menu
Great news if you’re all about that natural life.
A major coffee chain is making some big changes to its menu.
Artificial colours, flavours, preservatives, and high fructose corn syrup are being removed from all beverages at Second Cup.
“We know that Canadian consumers are making more informed food choices,” said Second Cup president and CEO Garry Macdonald.
“They care about what’s in their food and drinks, and they’re looking for options they can feel good about.”
Changes to the ‘Clean Label’ beverages were announced on Jan. 4 and 25 drinks currently achieve the clean standard, representing 70 per cent of the chain’s beverage menu.
This includes non-flavoured brewed coffee, lattes, cappuccinos and smoothies, plus many signature products such as the iconic hot chocolate and white hot chocolate, vanilla bean latte, and moccaccino.
The company says it’s been “quietly testing the menu changes for months to ensure that the reformulation doesn’t change the great taste” of the beverages.
“We’re proud to be leading the Canadian coffee market in a move to Clean Label beverages,” said Macdonald.
Products that meet the Clean Label standard will be marked with a unique leaf-like symbol on Second Cup’s menu boards.
Customers can also search online for a full list.
- Brampton is Officially the Worst Place to Take Your Driving Test in Ontario
- A Weather Statement Has Been Issued for Brampton
- Brampton Neighbourhood Ranked One of the Last Affordable Areas in the GTA
- 5 Interesting Facts You Never Knew About The Rose Theatre
- An Exciting Film Festival is Coming to a Theatre Near You
- Major Coffee Chain Shuts Down All Online Shopping
- Is a Well-Known Coffee Chain Enjoying a Resurgence in Brampton?
- Canadians Pick Their Favourite Coffee and the Results are Surprising
- Major Fast Food Chain Carrying Fun New Menu Item for Limited Time in Brampton
- Will Brampton Choose McDonald's Coffee Over Starbucks?