UPDATE: One Dead and Child Injured in Major Collision on Hwy 50 in Brampton
CTV News Toronto has reported that a major collision in Brampton has left one person dead. A child also sustained critical injuries in the crash.
Around 7:30 a.m., Peel police announced that a serious collision prompted the closure of Hwy50 from Bellchase Trail and south to Ebenezer Road.
They reported serious injuries and said a child was taken to hospital.
According to Peel Paramedics, five people were transported to hospital. CTV is reporting that one person was pronounced dead at the scene and another adult sustained serious injuries. Two other adults sustained minor injuries.
You should continue to avoid the area.
- Second employee at Brampton grocery store tests positive for COVID-19
- No mask, no service? Businesses have the right to require masks on customers
- Military releases disturbing report on alleged abuse in Brampton long-term care home
- Traffic study identifies most dangerous streets in Brampton
- First responders attending to blown transformer in Brampton
- UPDATE: Child in Stable Condition After Major Collision in Brampton
- Collision Prompts Serious Injuries and Road Closure in Brampton
- UPDATED: Police Report Injuries After Collision in Brampton
- Collision Involving Transport Truck Causes Injuries in Brampton
- One Person Dead Following Crash Near Brampton