Major Construction Project Planned for Brampton's Busiest Street
In 2014, Brampton City Council passed a by-law to widen Goreway Drive from Humberwest Parkway to Countryside Drive.
The project was then split into two phases, one being Goreway Drive between Humberwest Parkway and Castlemore Road, and the other being Goreway Drive between Castlemore Road and Countryside Drive. The city has finally started phase two of the project.
Goreway Drive between Castlemore Road and Countryside Drive will be widened from two lanes to four lanes. Construction will start in spring 2021, with utility relocations anticipated to begin in spring 2020. The project is to be completed by the end of 2023.
The city will be making changes to hydro in the area to accommodate the future widened Goreway Drive. As part of the project, the city has negotiated and acquired land-rights to multiple properties in the area to accommodate the relocation of hydro utilities. These properties include 16 Leone Lane, 10925 Goreway Drive and 10961 Goreway Drive.
The city will also be creating multi-use paths on both the east and west sides of the roadway.
According to the city, the project aligns with the Transportation Master Plan, to keep people and goods moving efficiently, and Brampton's 2040 Vision, to have a safe, integrated transportation system.
The widening project will cost a whopping $3,300,000.
What do you think of this construction project?
- Significant snowfall in the forecast for Brampton this winter
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Geese play chicken on Brampton road
- Brampton man charged after four pedestrians struck in multi-vehicle crash
- Brampton school under hold and secure as police investigate threats
- 96 year old Brampton man charged with two counts of sexual assault
- Major Construction Project Planned for One of Brampton's Busiest Streets
- Construction Project Causing Delays on Major Road in Brampton
- Major 15-Month Road Closure Coming to Brampton Soon
- Major Construction And Expansion Project Planned For GO Train Services in Brampton
- Massive Development Project Proposed At Old Farming Area In Brampton