Major Construction Project Planned for Brampton's Busiest Street
In 2014, Brampton City Council passed a by-law to widen Goreway Drive from Humberwest Parkway to Countryside Drive.
The project was then split into two phases, one being Goreway Drive between Humberwest Parkway and Castlemore Road, and the other being Goreway Drive between Castlemore Road and Countryside Drive. The city has finally started phase two of the project.
Goreway Drive between Castlemore Road and Countryside Drive will be widened from two lanes to four lanes. Construction will start in spring 2021, with utility relocations anticipated to begin in spring 2020. The project is to be completed by the end of 2023.
The city will be making changes to hydro in the area to accommodate the future widened Goreway Drive. As part of the project, the city has negotiated and acquired land-rights to multiple properties in the area to accommodate the relocation of hydro utilities. These properties include 16 Leone Lane, 10925 Goreway Drive and 10961 Goreway Drive.
The city will also be creating multi-use paths on both the east and west sides of the roadway.
According to the city, the project aligns with the Transportation Master Plan, to keep people and goods moving efficiently, and Brampton's 2040 Vision, to have a safe, integrated transportation system.
The widening project will cost a whopping $3,300,000.
What do you think of this construction project?
- A Peel police officer has been charged with sexual assault
- Firearm located after traffic stop closes 410 in Brampton
- Police identify woman allegedly killed by former partner in suspected murder/suicide incident in Brampton
- Lanes closed on 410 due to police investigation in Brampton
- Police searching for Brampton man following shooting and robbery at adult entertainment facility
- Major Construction Project Planned for One of Brampton's Busiest Streets
- Major road project put on pause in Brampton
- Construction Project Causing Delays on Major Road in Brampton
- Major Construction And Expansion Project Planned For GO Train Services in Brampton
- Major 15-Month Road Closure Coming to Brampton Soon