UPDATED: Major Fire Breaks Out at Brampton House
A female victim is recovering in hospital as emergency crews remain on scene at a house fire in Brampton on Monday.
Firefighters remain in "offensive mode," according to Brampton Fire Platoon Chief Ed Davis, with crews "checking for fire extension and smoke removal."
Crews were dispatched at 11:16 a.m. to a house near Mountainberry Rd. and Mount Fuji Cres. — that’s near Airport Rd. and Sandalwood Pkwy. E.
“The house is fully engulfed,” said Peel Regional Police Const. Rachel Gibbs.
The victim was removed from the home’s basement at 13 Mount Fuji after a neighbour phoned 911 to report the blaze.
Peel paramedics revived her before transporting her to a Toronto trauma centre where she remains in critical condition.
One firefighter has minor injuries.
Mount Fuji Crescent is closed. Avoid the area.
- Physical distancing fine issued in Brampton after backyard party
- Brampton transit making service changes in response to COVID-19
- Police lay more than 50 charges against eight Brampton residents in connection to series of thefts
- 60-year-old Brampton man succumbs to COVID-19
- Region of Peel ‘accidentally’ mails wrong COVID-19 test results to 16 people