UPDATED: Major Fire Breaks Out at Brampton House
A female victim is recovering in hospital as emergency crews remain on scene at a house fire in Brampton on Monday.
Firefighters remain in "offensive mode," according to Brampton Fire Platoon Chief Ed Davis, with crews "checking for fire extension and smoke removal."
Crews were dispatched at 11:16 a.m. to a house near Mountainberry Rd. and Mount Fuji Cres. — that’s near Airport Rd. and Sandalwood Pkwy. E.
“The house is fully engulfed,” said Peel Regional Police Const. Rachel Gibbs.
The victim was removed from the home’s basement at 13 Mount Fuji after a neighbour phoned 911 to report the blaze.
Peel paramedics revived her before transporting her to a Toronto trauma centre where she remains in critical condition.
One firefighter has minor injuries.
Mount Fuji Crescent is closed. Avoid the area.
- A $1 million lotto ticket was sold in Brampton
- Unexpected airport closure leaves Canadian travellers stranded on Cuban island
- Road closures in place due to leak in Brampton
- The longest picket line ever could be coming to the Region of Peel this Friday
- Ontario will need to recall defective licence plates, cabinet minister says