Major Food Distributor Facility Gets New Owner in Brampton
Best Buy, Amazon, and Coca-Cola already have distribution centres set up in Brampton, but did you know another major distributor has set up shop here? In fact, it’s the company’s only distribution centre in Canada.
Kellogg Canada Inc. (Kellogg’s) leased a 764,182 square foot property at 100 Sandalwood Parkway and that property has just been acquired by Pure Industrial Real Estate Trust (PIRET).
The Corn Flakes guru paid $101 million with existing cash on hand for its distribution centre in a cozy spot at Sandalwood and Hurontario.
Kellogg’s manufactures and distributes almost 30 items, including cereal like their signature Corn Flakes and Rice Krispies, pastries like Pop-Tarts, and frozen breakfasts like Eggo waffles.
Pure Industrial Real Estate Trust (PIRET) closed the deal earlier this month.
PIRET highlighted a few aspects of the facility in a statement, including its premier location within the GTA, right here in Brampton.
“The asset is located on Highway 10 in Brampton, one of the GTA’s strongest industrial markets, and has excellent access to the major 400-series highways, Pearson International Airport, major rail intermodals and public transit, as well as a large population base within close proximity,” said PIRET.
We know that Brampton is a business and innovation hub, and clearly, our city is attracting attention from some major companies.
“This asset represents their only Canadian distribution centre and serves the entire country,” said PIRET.
The global food manufacturer’s lease term is a total of 5.3 years, so they’ll be taking any next steps with the facility sometime in 2022 or 2023.
PIRET has stated that there is expansion potential on the location’s 50 acres of land - so, the company’s growth in Brampton remains to be seen.
Photo courtesy of PIRET
Editor’s Note: An earlier version of the story said Kellogg’s is the new owner, when in fact the Pure Industrial Real Estate Trust (PIRET) just acquired the property. Kellogg’s is the long-term lease holder. We regret any confusion this may have caused.
- Your Water Bill Might Skyrocket in Brampton Due to Doug Ford Policies Soon
- Traffic Lights Reportedly Out in Brampton After Vehicle Hits Pole
- Police Seeking to Identify Three Robbery Suspects in Brampton
- UPDATE: Five Year Old Child Located
- Daycare Worker Handed Prison Sentence Following Peel Regional Police Investigation
- Major Retailer Opens Brand New Distribution Centre in Brampton
- Brampton's Getting a Marijuana Production Company
- Major Food Distributor Set to Cut Jobs in Brampton and Beyond
- Massive Distribution Centre in Brampton Hiring Seasonal Workers
- Did You Know How Many Corporate Offices & Major Companies are in Brampton?