Major Police Blitz Hits Brampton This Long Weekend
With the Victoria Day long weekend comes an impaired driving blitz that all residents might want to be aware of.
Peel Regional Police are reminding drivers that Reducing Impaired Driving Everywhere (R.I.D.E.) spot checks will be taking place on both roads and waters in Peel Region this weekend, from Friday May 18-Monday May 22.
A recent release from Peel police states that the R.I.D.E. checks focus on “detecting and removing those individuals from our roads and waterways who choose to drive under the influence of alcohol or drugs.”
It’s true that police conduct these checks throughout the year and there’s a strict zero-tolerance policy when it comes to impaired driving offences, reads the release.
Boating season actually kicked off this week, too.
“On Peel's waterways, members of the Marine Unit, Peel Crime Stoppers and M.A.D.D. Canada, helped kick-off the boating season Thursday May 17, 2018, with an awareness campaign in Toronto.”
For boasters, impaired operation of a vessel has the same penalties as impaired operation of a motor vehicle, resulting in a 90-day suspension of the boaster’s driver’s licence. If a boater is convicted, that includes a driving prohibition of one year.
“Motorists are reminded that there is zero tolerance for drinking and driving in the Region of Peel. If you believe another motorist is impaired, you are urged to call 9-1-1 from your cell phone to report it to police.”
Stay safe, everyone.
- House of the Week: $1.6 Mil House with Insta-Worthy Backyard
- Brampton father celebrating big lotto win
- Ontario reports 491 new COVID-19 cases, highest daily increase in months
- All COVID-19 cases in Brampton schools for the week of September 21 to 26
- Ontario reports 435 new COVID-19 cases, no new deaths
- Peel Police Arrest Man For Impaired Driving In Brampton
- Multiple People Arrested During First Weekend of Impaired Driving Blitz
- Alarming Amount of Impaired Driving Charges Laid this Holiday Season in Brampton
- Several Drivers Arrested During First Half of Impaired Driving Blitz
- Major Police Blitz Coming to Brampton Very Soon