Major Restaurant Chain Getting Huge Makeover
It’s always interesting to see what a well-known space could look like in the not-so-far future.
A major family restaurant chain is gearing up for a big change in Brampton and beyond with a new, modern design, hoping to attract a younger generation of customers, according to Strategy.
New design concept testing continued recently in Barrie, Ont. after studies on locations in Lindsay, Ont. and Dieppe N.B.
Cara Operations (who operates Swiss Chalet and other big restaurant brands) plans to implement the Barrie-style concept in restaurants across Canada over the next few years with about 20-30 stores getting upgrades per year.
So, what does this youth-friendly design entail?
Well, Swiss Chalet locations will soon have three sections: a dining room, a “fast-casual express section” where customers can order over a counter, grab their food, and go, and an area for takeout.
Everything is getting a modern upgrade — there will even be high-top seats, a bar area, and more televisions, similar to almost any casual dining chain that’s not entirely focused on families and seniors.
It’s true that Swiss Chalet’s decor can seem dated and very family- and senior-oriented.
New menu options, plateware, and staff uniforms are also part of the new concept.
As for menu upgrades, the restaurant giant plans to have more health-conscious options like a veggie-based power salad and sriracha honey brussels sprouts, and twists on classic items like a taco poutine with rotisserie chicken, and deep fried mac and cheese balls.
But the big question on everyone’s minds is this — will the chalet sauce remain?
(All renderings courtesy of Strategy)
- Second employee at Brampton grocery store tests positive for COVID-19
- No mask, no service? Businesses have the right to require masks on customers
- Traffic study identifies most dangerous streets in Brampton
- Military releases disturbing report on alleged abuse in Brampton long-term care home
- Peel region’s top doctor says Brampton is not ready to reopen due to spike in COVID-19 cases
- You Can Now Get Poutine at This Major Restaurant Chain
- Harvey's, Swiss Chalet offering front-line workers 50 per cent off amid pandemic
- Is This Major Restaurant Chain Shutting Down Locations in Canada?
- A Major Restaurant Chain is Now Making a Very Interesting Dessert
- Popular Brampton Restaurant J.Red & Co. Has Revamped its Menu with a Unique New Concept