Major Road Closure in Effect in Downtown Brampton
Drivers might want to avoid one area of downtown Brampton this morning.
It’s National Public Works Week, and as a result, there are events happening throughout the city to recognize the hard work of public works professionals.
As for the road closure, according to the City of Brampton, Wellington Street West is shut down on the morning of May 24 until noon.
What’s happening on the street?
There’s a bus pull challenge where city teams are racing to pull Brampton Transit buses, and a trivia challenge where Brampton’s senior leaders are competing to see who knows the most about public works.
At noon in Gage Park, United Way Greater Toronto is also hosting a food festival where vendors are offering food selections for $5.
Public works includes employees in road construction, to snow removal and traffic signals, to crossing guards, park maintenance and public playground workers.
National Public Works Week ends on Friday May 25 this year.
- Police Searching for Robbery Suspect Armed with Knife in Brampton
- Police Investigating "Suspicious" Overnight Fire in Brampton
- New Peel Police Report Reveals Concerning Statistics About Crime In Brampton
- Toronto Raptors Put Out Incredible Video Tribute for the Fans
- Brampton to Host Canada's Largest Cricket Tournament
- Brampton Celebrates National Public Works Week
- Complete Challenges and Learn About Public Workers This Week in Brampton
- Major Road Closure in Effect for New Year's Eve in Brampton
- City Seeks Public Feedback on What Brampton Should Look Like in the Future
- Here's Where Brampton Ranks on This List of Best Cities for Public Transit