Major Road Closures Coming for Canada Day in Brampton
Summer is a great time to be in Brampton - an abundance of outdoor festivals take over our city. But with events come road closures, and a ton of them are set to hit Brampton for Canada Day 2018.
Sunday July 1 is Canada’s 151st birthday this year, and there are a ton of fun things happening at Chinguacousy Park from noon until 10 p.m. to celebrate.
From food, to live entertainment, to fireworks, and beyond, it’s all happening at Ching Park this year!
Here’s the official list of road closures:
9 a.m., July 1 - 12 a.m., July 2
- Goodwood Road from Bramalea Road to Goldcrest Road
10 a.m., July 1 - 1 a.m., July 2
- Queen Street from Central Park Drive to Bramalea Road
10 a.m., July 1 - 8 p.m., July 1
- Queen Street (Westbound lanes only) from Glenvale Boulevard to Bramalea Road
- Queen Street (Eastbound lanes only) from Dixie Road to Central Park Drive
8 p.m., July 1 - 12 a.m., July 2
- Queen Street (both directions) from Glenvale Boulevard to Bramalea Road
- Queen Street (both directions) from Dixie Road to Central Park Drive
- Bramalea Road (both directions) from Kensington Road to Central Park Drive
- Central Park Drive (both directions) from Hanover Road to Peel Centre Drive
9 p.m., July 1 -10:30 p.m., July 1
- Central Park Drive, from Hilldale Crescent (southernmost intersection) to Bramalea Road
If you’re headed to the festivities this year, be sure to slap on some sunscreen and stay hydrated.
It’s set to feel like 40 C this weekend, according to Environment Canada.
- Physical distancing fine issued in Brampton after backyard party
- Ontario extends business closures amid COVID-19 crisis
- Police lay more than 50 charges against eight Brampton residents in connection to series of thefts
- Ontario reports over 450 new COVID-19 cases, over 130 cases confirmed in Brampton
- Brampton transit making service changes in response to COVID-19