Major Road Closures Coming to Brampton This Weekend
Although festivals are wonderful and almost always worth the logistical challenges, it's good to be aware of road closures so you can plan ahead.
This weekend, Brampton will be home to a Christmas tree lighting, a Christmas market and a Santa Claus Parade. While that's all good news, there are some things to keep in mind.
You should note that road closures will be in effect from 3:00-9:00 p.m. on Friday, Nov. 18 to accommodate the festivities.
According to the city, closures will affect the following routes:
- Queen Street - George Street to Chapel Street
- Wellington Street West - George Street South to Main Street South
- Main Street South - southbound lanes - Queen Street to Wellington Street*
- Main Street North - northbound lanes - Queen Street to Nelson Street**
- *Main Street South - northbound lanes from Queen Street to Wellington Street will be converted to two-way traffic
- **Main Street North - southbound lanes from Nelson to Queen Street will be converted to two-way traffic
On Saturday, Nov. 19, the following will be closed:
- Church St. East from Union St. to Scott St. from 10:30am - 6:30 p.m.
- Elgin Drive from Mill St. S. to Main St. S. from 12:00-10:00 p.m.
- Ken Whillans Drive from Vodden St. to Church St. E. from 10:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Main St North from Theatre Ln/Nelson St. to Queen St. and from Vodden St. to Theatre Ln./Nelson St. from 2:00-8:00 p.m.
- Main St. South from Queen St. to Charolais Blvd. from 3:30 - 8:00 p.m.
- Queen Street from George St. to Centre St. from 3:30 - 8:00 p.m.
- Sproule Drive from Main St. N. to Ken Whillans Dr. from 10:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
More info on road closures can be found here.
- Peel Regional Police investigating suspicious death in Brampton
- Ontario launching automated speed enforcement
- UPDATE: Police believe suspicious death in Brampton the result of a homicide
- 5 Things You Didn't Know About Woodbine Mohawk Park
- Brampton family seeking public's assistance after cherished Christmas ornaments were accidentally donated