Major Road Closures in Brampton for New Year's Eve
by Christine Sharma on December 28, 2017
Ready or not, 2018 is upon us!
New Year’s Eve in Brampton is fast approaching, with festivities set to take place on Sunday, December 31, 2017 starting at 7 p.m. in the downtown core.
That being said, there will be some major road closures in the area that anyone driving in Brampton that night should know about.
Here are the road closures for the evening courtesy of the City:
Main Street, 6 p.m.-1 a.m.
- Queen Street to Nelson Street East
- Queen Street to Wellington Street East
Queen Street, 6 p.m.-1 a.m.
- Main Street to George Street
- Main Street to Chapel Street/Theatre Lane
Wellington Street, 6 p.m.-1 a.m.
- Main Street South to George Street South
There will be free parking in any of the City’s parking garages:
- Rose Theatre
- City Hall
- West Tower
- Market Square
- Nelson Square
- John Street
If you’re up for it and are heading to the festivities in the downtown area or anywhere else in Brampton, Brampton Transit will also be free after 7 p.m.
- Peel Police Respond to Collision Involving a School Bus in Brampton
- MISSING: Police Looking for 11 Year Old Girl in Brampton
- Brampton Looking to Recruit Police from Quebec Following Controversial Ban
- Brampton Will Ban U-turns at 3 High Risk Locations
- 5 Urban Legends of Brampton to Make Your Skin Crawl