Major Road Closures in Brampton This Weekend
It’s never fun to find out about a road closure at the last minute.
So we have some details on upcoming road closures this Sunday July 22 and Monday July 23 that drivers and pedestrians will want to know about.
Especially if you frequent downtown Brampton!
The Downtown Brampton BIA has released a road closure notice for Sunday and Monday.
Here are the details:
Sunday, July 22, 2018 6 a.m. to 3 p.m. - Main St South Road Closure:
- Lane closures between Queen St & Wellington St;
- Pedestrians will be directed to the east side of Main St S
- Access for the City Hall garages will be maintained
Monday, July 23, 2018 6 a.m. to 3 p.m. - George St South Road Closure:
- Road Closure from 30m north of Wellington St W (apartment driveway) to point 97m north of Wellington St W (City Hall driveway)
- Pay Duty Officers will be on site
- Pedestrians will be directed to west side of George St S.
- To access the City Hall garages, use George St S via Queen St W
- To access the apartment building driveway, use George St S via Wellington St W
If you’re wondering what’s up with the closures, your answer is for deliveries.
According to the BIA, these closures are prompted by deliveries for the green roof at City Hall from Dean-Chandler Roofing Ltd.
You may want to avoid the area.