Major Road Closures Set to Hit Brampton Tonight
If you're commuting tonight, you might want to take note that the Special Olympics Torch Run is prompting a few road closures.
As you might recall, Peel Regional Police have partnered with Special Olympics Ontario to host the upcoming 2017 Special Olympics Ontario Provincial Summer Games. The Games kick-off this week, and to accommodate the Special Olympics Torch Run, there will be some rolling road closures.
On Thursday, July 13 (tonight) from 5:45 p.m. to 7:00 p.m., the final leg of the Torch Run will leave the Peel Regional Police 22 Division parking lot at 7750 Hurontario Street in Brampton and runners will make their way to the Powerade Centre for the Opening Ceremony.
The following is the order of the rolling road closures throughout Brampton:
- Sir Lou Drive Eastbound from Malta to Hurontario Street
- Northbound Hurontario Street - curb lane will be blocked off
- Eastbound on Steeles Avenue - curb lane will be blocked off
- Southbound Kennedy Road - curb lane into North Side of Powerade Centre on East Side of Roadway
Here’s a map of the closures:
To learn more about the games in general, click here.
- Police Searching for Robbery Suspect Armed with Knife in Brampton
- Police Investigating "Suspicious" Overnight Fire in Brampton
- New Peel Police Report Reveals Concerning Statistics About Crime In Brampton
- Toronto Raptors Put Out Incredible Video Tribute for the Fans
- Brampton to Host Canada's Largest Cricket Tournament