Major Road Will Remain Closed Following Dump Truck Crash in Brampton
Police say a major road in Brampton will remain closed for up to 48 hours due to a collision.
Police reported around 7:00 a.m. that there was a collision involving a dump truck with its loader up in the area of Orenda and Rutherford Road South.
The truck caused damage to the bridge as well as a few power lines in the area, police say. No injuries were reported.
The male driver was arrested and charged with dangerous operation of a motor vehicle.
Police say Rutherford Road will be closed from Clarence Street to Orenda Road for approximately 48 hours.
Residents are asked to avoid area.
- Driver stopped for going more than double the speed limit in Brampton
- Province confirms route for new highway that will run through Brampton
- Houses in Brampton significantly more expensive than they were just one year ago
- Many Canadians concerned about returning to their office
- Ottawa sets minimum unemployment rate at 13.1 per cent for EI calculation
- Male Arrested for Damaging Power Lines and Bridge in Brampton
- Part of Major Road Blocked After Truck Takes Down Power Lines in Brampton
- Brampton Dump Truck Driver Charged Following Collision With Train in Puslinch
- Road Closure: Dump Truck Crashes Into Building Following a Multi-Vehicle Crash
- Road Closed Following Collision Involving Police Cruiser