Major weather warning currently in effect for Brampton
A snowfall warning is currently in effect today.
Snow, heavy at times, will spread across the region this morning, with total amounts near 15 cm expected by this afternoon, according to a statement from Environment Canada.
“Southeasterly winds gusting to 50 km/h will whip up the freshly fallen snow resulting in very low visibility at times in blowing snow today,” the statement adds.
The snow is expected to transition to showers or wet flurries late this afternoon or early this evening as temperatures edge above the zero degree mark.
Residents are asked to be cautious while travelling, as the rapidly accumulating snow will make travel difficult and may suddenly reduce visibility.
- PHOTOS: Plane lands without wheel at Pearson Airport
- Peel Regional Police investigating carjacking in Brampton
- Canadian government changing stress test rate for mortgages soon
- Ontario looks into licence plate defect weeks after new decals released
- Brampton collision sends man to hospital; closes Steeles Ave