Major weather warning currently in effect for Brampton
A snowfall warning is currently in effect today.
Snow, heavy at times, will spread across the region this morning, with total amounts near 15 cm expected by this afternoon, according to a statement from Environment Canada.
“Southeasterly winds gusting to 50 km/h will whip up the freshly fallen snow resulting in very low visibility at times in blowing snow today,” the statement adds.
The snow is expected to transition to showers or wet flurries late this afternoon or early this evening as temperatures edge above the zero degree mark.
Residents are asked to be cautious while travelling, as the rapidly accumulating snow will make travel difficult and may suddenly reduce visibility.
- Brampton man dies during altercation with police
- LATEST: Ontario and Brampton COVID-19 numbers as of April 5, 2020
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Crews on scene for fire at abandoned Brampton residence
- Police responding to shots fired in Brampton
- Ontario reports over 4,000 cases of COVID-19, over 200 cases confirmed in Brampton