Major Weather Warning in Effect Today in Brampton
Residents should take note of some extreme weather expected for today.
According to Environment Canada, a major windstorm will start midday today, bringing very strong southwest winds with frequent gusts of 100 to 110 km/h around noon.
"Wind gusts of 120 km/h are likely in areas along the shores of Lake Ontario," the statement reads.
The damaging winds will continue into the evening and gradually start to diminish overnight.
Additionally, snowfall is expected this afternoon, which will likely be "whipped up by the winds creating near whiteout conditions at times in blowing snow," causing reduced visibility.
Caution is advised, as damage to buildings may occur and loose objects may be tossed by the wind, causing injury or damage.
Widespread power outages are also possible today.
Residents should stay inside if possible and continue to watch for further weather warnings.
- Mayor Brown raises concerns over banquet hall events and weddings in Brampton
- Peel District schools in Brampton with reported cases of COVID-19 – September 29
- Dufferin-Peel Catholic District schools in Brampton with reported COVID-19 cases – September 29
- House of the Week: $1.6 Mil House with Insta-Worthy Backyard
- Grocery store employee in Brampton tests positive for COVID-19