Major Winter Storm On Deck in Brampton
A major winter storm - with up to 25 cm of snow - is on tap for Brampton early next week, Environment Canada is warning.
Roughly 15 to 25 cm of snow is being predicted, prompting a special weather statement by the agency Saturday afternoon.
Surrounding areas affected include Toronto, Mississauga, Oakville, Burlington, Caledon, Milton and Halton Hills.
“A developing low pressure centre currently over the northwestern United States will track just south of the Great Lakes on Monday and Monday night,” reads the statement.
“Snow is forecast to spread into southwestern Ontario during the day Monday then envelop much of southern Ontario Monday night through Tuesday.”
Blowing snow and high winds could create tricky driving conditions.
Snow is expected to taper off Tuesday night.
- Daycare in Lockdown as shooting leaves man dead in Brampton
- Employee at Brampton FreshCo. tests positive for COVID-19
- Brampton woman identified as Hamilton murder victim
- Police searching for missing 15-year-old girl from Brampton
- Peel District schools in Brampton with reported cases of COVID-19 – September 24