Male Arrested for Damaging Power Lines and Bridge in Brampton
Officers are on scene for a vehicle incident this morning in Brampton.
Police reported around 7:00 a.m. that there was a collision involving a dump truck with its loader up in the area of Orenda and Rutherford Road South.
The truck caused damage to the bridge as well as a few power lines in the area, police say. No injuries were reported.
The male driver has been arrested for dangerous operation of a motor vehicle.
Rutherford from Clarence Road to Orenda is currently closed. The closure is expected to last for most of the morning.
Drivers should avoid the area.
- Woman found in Brampton garage in life-threatening condition
- Unconscious male in Brampton located with no vital signs, police say
- Child at summer camp tests positive for COVID-19
- Motorcyclist dead after colliding with transport truck in Brampton
- Unconscious male located in Brampton pronounced deceased
- Major Road Will Remain Closed Following Dump Truck Crash in Brampton
- Part of Major Road Blocked After Truck Takes Down Power Lines in Brampton
- Parts of Major Brampton Roads Will be Closed All Night Due to Collision
- Collision knocks down poles and power lines in Brampton
- Road Closure: Dump Truck Crashes Into Building Following a Multi-Vehicle Crash