Male suspect identified in Brampton homicide investigation
Officers from the Homicide and Missing Persons Bureau are investigating a homicide that took place in Brampton.
On Wednesday, December 25, 2019, at around 11:00 p.m., Peel police were notified of a fail to remain collision that occurred on Sunny Meadow Boulevard.
A 51-year-old man from Brampton identified as Balvinder Bains was located in life-threatening condition and was transported to a local hospital. Bains later died as a result of the injuries he sustained.
Investigators from the Major Collision Bureau attended the scene and began investigating the incident.
During the early part of their investigation, they obtained information that led to the Homicide and Missing Persons Bureau taking carriage of the investigation.
On Thursday, December 26, 2019, officers located the vehicle which was involved in the incident and the suspect, Amarjit Lamb, a 53-year-old man from Brampton was taken into custody for Second Degree Murder.
He will appear at the Ontario Court of Justice in answer to the charge.
Anyone who witnessed the incident or who has any information is asked to contact investigators with the Homicide and Missing Persons Bureau at (905) 453-2121 ext. 3205.
Information may also be left anonymously by calling Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), or by visiting peelcrimestoppers.ca.
- Canadian military preparing to get involved in COVID-19 pandemic
- These Brampton businesses are giving back to the community amid COVID-19 pandemic
- Close to 1,000 cases of COVID-19 recorded in Ontario, with 41 new cases found in Peel
- Indigo lays off 5,200 employees, stores closed indefinitely
- Pusateri’s responds after being called out for price gouging by Doug Ford