Males found with sawed off shotgun, other firearms after Brampton traffic stop: Peel police
A man and youth from Brampton are facing numerous charges after a traffic stop led to the seizure of multiple firearms and ammunition.
April 11 at approximately 11:00 p.m., Peel police pulled a vehicle over in the area of Isabella St and Rosedale Ave W in Brampton.
“During their investigation, officers located a loaded, sawed-off shotgun on the floor of the vehicle,” said Peel Regional Police Service. “A loaded Glock pistol was also located in the vehicle, along with two additional loaded magazines and shotgun ammunition.”
A 19-year-old man and a 15-year-old youth were charged with the following firearms-related charges:
- Careless Storage of a Firearm, Weapon, Prohibited Device or Ammunition X4
- Unauthorized Possession of Firearm
- Unauthorized Possession of Prohibited or Restricted Weapon
- Knowledge of Unauthorized Possession of Firearm
- Possession of Weapon for Dangerous X2
- Possession of a Prohibited Device or Ammunition Knowing its Possession is Unauthorized
- Possession of a Loaded Prohibited or Restricted Firearm X2
- Possession of Firearm at Unauthorized place X2
- Occupant of Motor Vehicle Knowing there was Unauthorized Possession of a Prohibited or Restricted Weapon
In addition to the firearms charges, the two are facing three counts of Possession of Property Obtained by Crime and two counts of Fail to Comply with an Order given during a declared emergency (social distancing).
The adult male is being held for a special bail hearing and will appear at the Ontario Court of Justice in the City of Brampton on Tuesday, April 28.
- Mississauga and Brampton residents charged with firearm-related offences
- Traffic Stop Leads to Several Charges and Arrest of Brampton Man
- Brampton man charged after police locate loaded firearm
- Brampton Man Charged After Police Seize Loaded Handguns
- Two Men Charged With Possession of a Firearm in Brampton