Man Arrested After Brandishing Machete During Road Rage Incident in Brampton
Police have arrested a man in connection with a bizarre (not to mention terrifying) road rage incident in Brampton.
On Friday, March 17 at approximately 12:39 p.m., a road rage incident occurred on the northbound 410 approaching Queen Street. According to police, a man stopped his vehicle and approached the victim while brandishing a machete. The accused allegedly struck the victim's car with the weapon and threatened to kill them.
Fortunately, the victim was not injured.
Police say they were able to identify the male using dash cam video from the victim's vehicle. The dash cam video also showed the man driving a vehicle that had been reported stolen.
On Monday March 20, 31-year-old Brampton man Jasvir Sedha was arrested and charged with the possessing dangerous weapons, uttering threats to cause death, possession of property obtained by crime, breach of probation and more.
Sedha was held for a bail hearing on March 20, 2017.
Anyone with information relating to this investigation is asked to call investigators at 21 Division Criminal Investigation Bureau at (905) 453-2121, ext. 2133. Information may also be left anonymously by calling Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), or by visiting www.peelcrimestoppers.ca or by sending a text message to CRIMES (274637) with the word 'PEEL' and then your tip.
- Two Brampton Men Arrested in Connection with Stolen Vehicles and Drug Possession
- Police Arrest Driver in Connection with Hit and Run Incident That Seriously Injured Brampton Teen
- Police Investigating After Road Rage Incident Leads to Shot Being Fired in Brampton
- Brampton Man Charged After Road Rage Stabbing Incident
- Brampton Teen Arrested in Connection with Stabbing Incident at High School