Man Arrested After Serious Hit and Run in Brampton
Peel police have charged a 26-year-old Brampton man after a serious hit and run incident involving a pedestrian.
On Friday, Dec. 23 at approximately 7:30 a.m., a 71-year-old Brampton man was walking to his vehicle in a parking lot at 400 Queen Street West when he was struck by a reversing van. The driver, Hector Santos-Benegas, struck the victim and stopped the car before eventually driving away.
The victim sustained a serious head injury as a result of the collision and is currently in critical condition at a Toronto trauma centre.
The accused has been arrested and charged with failing to remain at the scene of a collision causing bodily harm and dangerous driving causing bodily harm. Santos-Benegas is being held pending a bail hearing at the Ontario Court of Justice in Brampton on Dec. 24.
Anyone with information in relation to this incident is asked to contact investigators at 11 Division Criminal Investigation Bureau at 905-453-2121, ext. 1133. Anonymous information may also be submitted by calling Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), by visiting www.peelcrimestoppers.ca or by sending a text message to CRIMES (274637) with the word "PEEL" and then your tip.
- These Brampton businesses are giving back to the community amid COVID-19 pandemic
- Close to 1,000 cases of COVID-19 recorded in Ontario, with 41 new cases found in Peel
- Pusateri’s responds after being called out for price gouging by Doug Ford
- Indigo lays off 5,200 employees, stores closed indefinitely
- Residential fire closes parts of Brampton neighbourhood
- Brampton Man Charged in Relation to Collision Involving Pedestrian in Mississauga
- Brampton Man Charged in Relation to Serious Collision
- Police Arrest Driver in Connection with Hit and Run Incident That Seriously Injured Brampton Teen
- Driver Charged After Hitting Pedestrian in Brampton
- Man Arrested After Brandishing Machete During Road Rage Incident in Brampton