Man Arrested, FIrearms Seized During Traffic Stop in Brampton
A man is facing several charges after a recent investigation in Brampton.
At 11:00 a.m. on Wednesday, August 15, police say a traffic stop was conducted for a motorcycle in the area of Highway 50 and Bellchase Trail.
As a result of the investigation, police allege that the male driver was in possession of two firearms.
Rohan Nugent, a 45 year old resident from Richmond Hill, was arrested on scene.
He is charged with several firearm related offences, including unauthorized possession of a firearm, possession of weapon for dangerous purpose, and obstructing a peace officer.
Nugent was held for a bail hearing at the A. Grenville & William Davis Court House in Brampton.
Anyone with further information regarding this incident is asked to call police at 905-453-2121, ext. 2133.
Photos courtesy of Peel Regional Police
- Ontario to announce plans for Stage 3 of reopening as COVID-19 spread slows
- Weather warning in effect for funnel clouds expected in Brampton
- House of the Week: $1.6 Mil House with Insta-Worthy Backyard
- Brampton resident celebrating a big lotto win
- Police responding to reports of man sitting in middle of road in Brampton
- Males found with sawed off shotgun, other firearms after Brampton traffic stop: Peel police
- Man Facing Charges After Loaded Gun Seized During Traffic Stop in Brampton
- Two Men Charged With Possession of a Firearm in Brampton
- Mississauga and Brampton residents charged with firearm-related offences
- Police Seize Firearms, Arrest Two Males in Brampton