Man Arrested Following Alleged Sexual Assaults in Brampton
A man has been arrested following an alleged sexual assault that occurred in Brampton.
According to Peel Police, investigators from the 22 Division Criminal Investigation Bureau arrested and charged a 53-year-old Markham man.
On Nov. 6 the victim, a 20-year-old male from Brampton, reported four separate sex assault incidents that occurred between the end of September and Nov. 5 on the premise of an educational institution in the area of Queen Street East and Kennedy Road South in Brampton, police say.
Police say, the victim did not sustain any physical injuries as a result.
Russell Lobo was arrested and charged with four counts of sexual assault, police say.
The accused was released with a future court date in December.
Investigators believe there may be more victims who have not come forward.
According to police, the accused is described as a male, South Asian, 5'10'', 190 lbs, medium build, and grey straight short hair.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the investigators at 22 Division Criminal Investigation Bureau at (905) 453-2121, ext. 2233.
Information can also be left anonymously by calling Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), or by visiting peelcrimestoppers.ca.
- Police Searching for Missing 17 Year Old Girl in Brampton
- Police on Scene After Vehicle Strikes Gas Line in Brampton
- Brampton Councillor Wants to 'Build a Wall' to Keep Out Cannabis Stores
- Peel Police on Scene Following Collision in Brampton
- PHOTOS: Should These Controversial Brampton License Plates be Banned?
- Brampton Man Arrested Following Sexual Assault Investigation
- Peel Police Arrest Suspect of Sexual Assault in the 1970s
- Police Identify Man Charged in Sexual Assault Investigation in Brampton
- Brampton Resident Wanted by Police for Alleged Sexual Assault
- Man Charged With Sexual Assault on Bus Was Last Seen in Brampton