Man Arrested Following Another Assault on an Aircraft
Another person has been arrested following an assault on an aircraft.
Police recently announced that officers from the Peel Regional Police Airport Division have arrested and charged a man for an assault on an aircraft that occurred earlier today.
On Friday, August 4, WestJet flight #709 took off from Pearson International Airport. Shortly after takeoff, the plane was diverted back to the airport due to mechanical issues. During the return to the airport, a passenger became unruly on the flight and assaulted a flight attendant. He also allegedly caused minor internal damage to bathroom of the plane.
When the airplane returned, Randy Paholko, a 68 year-old Vancouver man, was arrested.
Police say Paholko has been charged with assault, endangering an aircraft and two counts of mischief. He is being held pending a bail hearing on Saturday, Aug. 5.
This is the second case involving an airport assault reported this week. Yesterday, Peel police arrested a Hamilton man following a reported assault on a flight attendant.
Anyone with information about this investigation is asked to call investigators of the Airport Division Criminal Investigation Bureau at (905) 453-2121, ext. 3133.
- A Peel police officer has been charged with sexual assault
- Firearm located after traffic stop closes 410 in Brampton
- Police searching for Brampton man following shooting and robbery at adult entertainment facility
- Police identify woman allegedly killed by former partner in suspected murder/suicide incident in Brampton
- Lanes closed on 410 due to police investigation in Brampton
- Air Canada Flight Returns to Toronto After Assault on Plane
- American Citizen Arrested for Bringing Fake Explosive to Pearson Airport
- Police on Scene After Plane Slides Off Runway at Pearson Airport
- Peel Police Officer Charged and Arrested Following Assault
- Suspect Arrested Following Sexual Assault Investigation in Brampton