Man Arrested in After Five Women Allegedly Sexually Assaulted on GO Transit
A Milton man is facing charges in connection with five alleged sexual assaults that targeted five women on GO Transit.
Four of the victims are from Mississauga.
Peel police say the service's Special Victims Unit and Metrolinx investigators have been working on a joint investigation into the alleged assaults.
Police say the five incidents took place while the victims were travelling on the GO train between Union station and Milton station.
According to police, a 41-year-old Milton woman was assaulted on June 17, 2018, a 28-year-old Mississauga woman was assaulted on Aug. 1, 2018, a 36-year-old Mississauga woman was assaulted in October 2018, a 23-year-old Mississauga woman was assaulted on Nov. 21, 2018 and a 20-year-old Mississauga woman was assaulted on Feb. 14, 2019.
Police say the victims were not injured and did not require any medical assistance.
Police say that on Monday, April 1, 2019, 43-year-old Milton man Mizanur Rahman was arrested and charged with five counts of sexual assault.
The accused was released on a promise to appear and will appear in court on Monday, May 6.
Anyone with information relating to this investigation are asked to call investigators from the Special Victims Unit at (905) 453-2121, ext. 3460.
- Teen Arrested After Woman Assaulted in Brampton
- UPDATE: Male Arrested for Sexual Assaults in Mississauga and Brampton
- 96 year old Brampton man charged with two counts of sexual assault
- Man Arrested in Connection with Sexual Assaults at Brampton Grocery Stores
- Police Investigating After Child Allegedly Sexually Assaulted in Brampton