Man Arrested in Connection with Attempted Murder in Brampton
Police have arrested a man in connection with an alleged attempted murder in Brampton.
Peel police report that on on Saturday, Sept, 23 at approximately 12:06 p.m. a 44-year-old Brampton man was asked to meet the suspect in the McHardy Court and McMurchy Avenue South area.
When the victim arrived, he was reportedly attacked by the accused.
The victim sustained serious injuries as a result and was transported to local hospital for treatment.
The accused, 27-year-old Brampton man Dyon Courtney Smart SMART, was located and arrested a short time later. Police say Smart has been charged with attempted murder, aggravated assault and two counts of mischief under $5,000.
Smart was held pending a bail hearing.
Anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to contact investigators with the 22 Division Criminal Investigation Bureau at (905) 453-2121, ext. 2233.
- Traffic study identifies most dangerous streets in Brampton
- Peel region’s top doctor says Brampton is not ready to reopen due to spike in COVID-19 cases
- Allegedly impaired driver involved in collision in Brampton
- House of the Week: $1.4 Mil Bungalow With Incredible Bar
- Impaired driver smashes into tree in Brampton
- BREAKING: Man Arrested For Allegedly Attempting to Murder a Child in Brampton
- Brampton man arrested for attempted murder
- Brampton Woman Arrested After Attempted Murder Incident
- Brampton Man Arrested Following Attempted Murder and Firearms Offences
- UPDATED: Brampton Man Charged With Attempted Murder in Double Shooting