Man Arrested in Connection With Massive Avocado Theft
It looks like tens of thousands of avocados have been abducted from Oakville.
According to a recent press release, the Halton Regional Police Service has arrested a Brampton man following an alleged theft of a tractor-trailer containing $60,000 worth of avocados from a trucking yard on Industry Street in Oakville.
According to police, it is alleged that on Oct. 15 Harjot Singh Dhillon, 27, gained access to a locked yard by cutting a lock.
At this time, the tractor-trailer containing the avocados was stolen from the yard, police say.
According to police, the tractor was recovered in Etobicoke the day after and the trailer was recovered in Scarborough on Oct. 26.
Police say, the avocados were no longer with the trailer at the time of the recovery.
On Oct. 30 the Halton Regional Police Service arrested Singh Dhillon in connection with this incident.
The accused is facing the following charges:
- Alleged break, enter and commit
- Alleged possession of break-in instrument
This investigation is ongoing, anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to contact the 2 District Criminal Investigations Bureau, Detective Constable Jeremy Civiero at 905-825-4747 ext. 2248.
Photo is courtesy of the Halton Police.
- Brampton father celebrating big lotto win
- Daycare in Lockdown as shooting leaves man dead in Brampton
- Peel District schools in Brampton with reported cases of COVID-19 – September 25
- Brampton remains reasonably-priced for tenants: Report
- Province places new restrictions on bars and restaurants, closes all strip clubs
- Two Mississauga Men Arrested in Connection with Major Brampton Theft
- Two Brampton Men Arrested Following Drug Incident in Halton
- Police Arrest Brampton Resident for Purse Theft in Halton
- Disabled Tractor Trailer Causing Delays on 410 in Brampton
- Part of Major Road Closed Due to Tractor Trailer Crash