Man charged after hate-motivated incident in Brampton
Peel police have confirmed a hate crime showcased in an Instagram video that occurred in the City of Brampton.
In the Instagram post, the user states that a man allegedly approached his home and began yelling racial slurs and threats on Wednesday, May 27.
“On Wednesday, May 27th my family and I were victims of a random hate crime in Brampton,” read the Instagram post.
“The man in the video (who we don’t know) accused me of harassing his daughter (which I’ve never had any encounters with or seen) and threatened to kill me while yelling dozens of racial slurs the entire time.”
Police say they received a call from the 22-year-old male victim from Brampton at 8:25 p.m. on May 27 in regard to an unknown man walking on his property and making threats.
According to police, a verbal and minor physical argument ensued between the victim and the accused prior to police arrival.
Upon arrival, police say they located the unknown man and a minor physical altercation occurred between the accused and the officer.
No injuries were suffered, police say.
According to police, the accused is Gaggangeet Randhawa, a 45-year-old man from Mississauga.
He was charged with threats, assaults, assault of a police officer and failing to comply with release order, according to police.
Police say it was a hate-motivated incident based on the language that he used.
Warning: Video contains offensive language.https://www.instagram.com/p/CAv4TcUjj-h/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link
- 11-year-old from Brampton hoping to win this season’s grand prize for America’s Got Talent
- Two Brampton man face charges after woman is struck by car
- Police investigating robbery at gunpoint in Brampton
- Peel District schools in Brampton with reported cases of COVID-19 – September 22
- Here’s how much detached house prices have risen in Brampton in just one year
- Woman Arrested for Hate-Motivated Assault Towards Victim from Brampton
- VIDEO: Man wanted for allegedly yelling racial comments and threats in Brampton
- Peel Police Urging Public To Report Incidents Of Hate Crime In Brampton
- Brampton Brothers Arrested Following Brutal and Potentially Hate-Motivated Crime
- Brampton Man Arrested for Hate-Motivated Criminal Offence