Man Charged After House Explodes Just Outside Brampton
A man has been charged in relation to a structure fire north of Brampton this week that caused serious injuries.
The Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) reported that on Wednesday, August 9, 2017, at 12:58 p.m., police officers and Caledon Fire and Emergency Services were sent to a structure fire on Castlederg Side Road between Duffy's Lane and Humber Station Road.
The fire caused major injuries to one male, who was transported to a trauma centre.
The scene was under investigation as of Wednesday afternoon.
Ankit Bhargava, 23, of Caledon, was charged as a result of the investigation with arson - damage to property.
Bhargava appeared in court the following day.
The investigation is on-going and information will be released once it is available, say police.
Police are asking anyone with information regarding this fire to contact the Caledon OPP at (905) 584-2241, or toll free at 1-888-310-1122.
- Brampton is Officially the Worst Place to Take Your Driving Test in Ontario
- People Warned Not to Eat Enticing Cleaning Product in Brampton and Beyond
- A Weather Statement Has Been Issued for Brampton
- A Popular Golf Club Will be Converted into Brampton's Newest Recreation Centre
- Brampton Ranked Ontario's Most Expensive City for Car Insurance Again