Man Charged After Idling Car Stolen in Brampton
A man is facing charges after allegedly stealing an idling car in Brampton.
Peel police say that on Dec. 13, 2018 at approximately 9:52 a.m., a 52 year-old man from Barrie left his car running in a parking lot at Ebenezer Road and Highway 50 while he went into a business to purchase a coffee.
Police allege a man entered the running vehicle and drove it away.
Police say that at 10:04 a.m., the stolen car was involved in a collision. After the crash, the driver reportedly exited the car and fled on foot.
The driver was arrested a short distance away by responding officers.
On Dec. 13, 2018, police charged 23-year-old Brampton man Andrew Nguyen was charged with theft of motor vehicle, possession of stolen property, flight from police and more.
He was held for a bail hearing and appeared in court on Dec. 14, 2018.
Anyone with further information is asked to call investigators at the 21 Division Criminal Investigation Bureau at (905) 453-2121, ext. 2133.
- Traffic study identifies most dangerous streets in Brampton
- Peel police report four drug-related deaths in 24 hours
- Peel region’s top doctor says Brampton is not ready to reopen due to spike in COVID-19 cases
- House of the Week: $1.4 Mil Bungalow With Incredible Bar
- Allegedly impaired driver involved in collision in Brampton
- Impaired Brampton Man Charged After Fleeing From Police in Stolen Vehicle
- Brampton Teen Charged After Ramming Police Cruisers With Stolen Vehicle
- Multiple Teens Arrested in Connection with Stolen Vehicle Investigation in Brampton
- Brampton Men Charged After Stolen Vehicle Crash
- Brampton Teens Charged After Allegedly Fleeing from Stolen Vehicle into Farmer's Field