Man Charged After Item Stolen from Hospital in Brampton
A man is facing charges in connection with an alleged theft from Brampton Civic Hospital.
Peel police allege that on Nov. 14, the accused entered the hospital and stole a heart rate monitor valued at more than $7,000.
On Friday, Dec. 21, 2018, investigators charged 38-year-old Brampton man Kristos Bidwell in connection with the incident.
He was released on a promise to appear and will appear in court in the future.
Police say investigators believe the accused may be connected to additional thefts and are asking anyone with further information to call investigators at the 21 Division Criminal Investigation Bureau at (905) 453-2121, ext. 2133.
Police are reminding residents to be vigilant to prevent thefts and to use the Peel police Buy and Sell Exchange Zones.
They can be found at the following locations:
- 22 Division, located at 7750 Hurontario Street in the City of Brampton, and;
- 12 Division, located at 4600 Dixie Road in the City of Mississauga.
Police are also offering the following safety tips when using online buy and sell websites:
- Do not give out potential compromising personal information
- If possible, do not complete these types of transaction at your residence
- Do not give out banking or credit card information
- If possible, do not accept foreign currency as a form of payment
- Meet in a public well lit place
- Be vigilant that you could be purchasing something that may have been stolen
- Two Teens Accused of Stealing Electronics from Online Sellers in Peel
- Multiple Teens Arrested in Connection with Stolen Vehicle Investigation in Brampton
- Two Men Facing 147 Criminal Charges Following Break-ins in Brampton and Mississauga
- Brampton Man Charged in Halton Hills Thefts
- Brampton Man Charged with Cargo Thefts