Man charged after multi-jurisdiction break and enters
After an extensive investigation, officers from the 22 Division Criminal Investigations Bureau have laid charges after break-and-enters that resulted in nearly $150,000 of property being stolen.
On Tuesday, February 25, 2020, a break-and-enter occurred at a jewelry store within a shopping mall in Brampton, according to police.
Police say that during the incident, the suspect was able to obtain approximately $67,000 worth of jewelry before fleeing the area without alerting anyone to his presence.
During the investigation, officers were able to identify the suspect.
Police say they were also able to determine that the suspect was responsible for other break-and-enters in the City of Toronto, with approximately $80,000 worth of cellular products being stolen.
On June 8, 2020, Hector Ortiz-Ruiz, a 43-year-old man from Columbia, was located in Mississauga and arrested for the incidents.
In answer to the charges, Ortiz-Ruiz appeared at the Ontario Court of Justice.
Anyone with information regarding this matter is asked to contact the 22 Division Criminal Investigation Bureau at (905) 453-3311, ext. 2233.
Information may also be left anonymously by calling Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS(8477) or by visiting peelcrimestoppers.ca.
- House of the Week: $1.6 Mil House with Insta-Worthy Backyard
- Brampton father celebrating big lotto win
- Ontario reports 491 new COVID-19 cases, highest daily increase in months
- All COVID-19 cases in Brampton schools for the week of September 21 to 26
- Ontario reports 435 new COVID-19 cases, no new deaths
- Two Men Facing 147 Criminal Charges Following Break-ins in Brampton and Mississauga
- Police Charge Man in Relation to Multiple Break and Enters Across Peel Region
- Male arrested for series of break and enters in Brampton
- Five people arrested following multiple break and enters in Brampton
- Peel Police Searching For Male Wanted for Break and Enters