Man Charged Following Fatal Attack on Another Man in Brampton
A man is facing charges following the alleged fatal beating of a 21-year-old man in Brampton, police say.
Peel police say that on Monday, March 19 at approximately 5:50 p.m., officers responded to reports of an assault taking place in the Sandalwood Parkway East and Cedarcliff Trail area.
Upon arrival, officers located a victim and discovered that he was suffering from life-threatening injuries. He was subsequently rushed to a Toronto Trauma Centre.
Initial reports indicated the victim, 21-year-old Paviter Singh Bassi (seein cover photo), had been beated "with sticks."
Police say Bassi succumbed to his injuries on Tuesday, March 20 in hospital.
That same day, homicide investigators arrested and charged 22-year-old Brampton man Karanvir Singh Bassi with first degree murder.
The accused will appear in court today (March 21) for a bail hearing.
Police say there is no familial relationship between the victim and the accused.
Investigators are appealing for witnesses or anyone who has dash-cam video, surveillance video, or any information concerning this investigation to contact the Peel Regional Police Homicide and Missing Persons Bureau at (905) 453-2121 Ext 3205.
- Police Searching for Missing 17 Year Old Girl in Brampton
- LANE CLOSURE: Collision Involving Transit Bus in Brampton Causing Delays
- Brampton Man Charged After Allegedly Sexually Assaulting Teen Girl
- It’s Going to be an Extremely Cold Weekend in Brampton
- Paramedics Respond to Child Struck by Vehicle in Brampton