Man Charged With Attempted Murder in Brampton
Peel Regional Police have charged a man from Brampton after a shooting in September.
Police say that on Sepember 8, 2018, a victim was shot at a sports bar in the area of Dixie and Peter Robertson.
“The victim suffered a gunshot wound and he was transported to hospital,” reads a recent statement from police.
“The victim suffered serious but non-life threatening injuries.”
Julian Shand, 27, of Brampton, has been charged.
The suspect is charged with attempted murder, discharging a firearm with intent, and several other firearms adn drug trafficking-related offences.
Police say they recovered a .22 calibre Arminus revolver handgun, ammunition, and a quantity of crack cocaine with a street value of $9800 CAD.
He will appear in court on September 19.
Anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to contact investigators with the 21 Division Criminal Investigation Bureau at (905) 453-2121, ext. 2133. Information may also be left anonymously by calling Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), or by visiting peelcrimestoppers.ca.
- Riya Rajkumar's Mother Speaks Out After Daughter's Death
- More Schools in Hold and Secure After Phone Threat in Brampton
- Attempted Child Abduction Under Investigation in Brampton
- Two Schools in Lockdown Following Threatening Phone Calls in Brampton
- UPDATE: Extra Police Presence Around Brampton Schools Following Phone Threats
- Man Wanted for Attempted Murder and Firearms Offences in Brampton
- Police Searching for Attempted Murder Suspect in Brampton
- UPDATED: Brampton Man Charged With Attempted Murder in Double Shooting
- Peel Police Investigating Attempted Child Abduction Incident in Brampton
- Fifth Murder Suspect Charged in Brampton Man's Death