Man Charged with Impaired Driving After Crashing into Police Cruiser and Pole in Brampton
A man is facing a host of driving-related criminal offences after fleeing from police in Mississauga and crashing his car into a light standard in Brampton.
On February 2 at approximately 1:00 a.m., the accused, who has been identified as 36-year-old Mississauga man Angelo Pecson, was driving a grey pickup truck in the Courtney Park and 410 area in Mississauga. Residents who spotted him contacted police, believing he was impaired.
When police located and attempted to stop the vehicle, the suspect accelerated and struck a marked police cruiser before fleeing westbound on Derry Road.
At approximately 1:20 a.m., Pecson was traveling in the area of Steeles and Mavis Road when he struck a light pole in the intersection. After the crash, he fled the scene on foot. He was tracked down by officers and a K9 unit and taken into custody.
Pecson has been charged with impaired operation by drug, fail to remain at accident, dangerous operation of vehicle and flight from police.
The officer driving the police vehicle that was struck was not injured.
Anyone with information in relation to this incident is asked to contact Road Safety Services at (905) 453-2121, ext. 3701. Information can also be left anonymously by calling Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), or by visiting their website at www.peelcrimestoppers.ca, or by sending a text message to CRIMES (274637) with the word "Peel" and then your tip.
Photo courtesy of CP24 Twitter account
- Massive Winning Lotto Prize Ticket Recently Sold in Brampton
- Brampton House of the Week: $1.1 Million Home with Gorgeous Kitchen
- Police Searching for Suspects After Armed Robbery in Brampton
- Brampton Politicians Speak Up On Alleged Sikh Extremism in Canada
- Man Charged After Idling Car Stolen in Brampton
- Man Seriously Injured After Striking a Police Cruiser and Pole in Brampton
- Impaired Brampton Man Charged After Fleeing From Police in Stolen Vehicle
- Woman Charged With Impaired Driving After Man Struck and Killed in Brampton
- Police Report Cruiser Struck by a Vehicle
- Brampton Teen Charged After Ramming Police Cruisers With Stolen Vehicle