Man Dead After Being Struck by Vehicle in Brampton
A male victim has died after being struck by a vehicle in Brampton.
Officers with the Caledon detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) were called to the scene of the incident, which occurred on Mayfield Road east of Centreville Creek Road, at 6:40 p.m.
Police say Mayfield Road is closed between Centreville Creek Road and The Gore Road. The road will remain closed in this area for approximately six hours while Technical Collision Investigators investigate the incident.
Police say preliminary investigation has revealed that a pedestrian walking on the north shoulder of the highway was struck by a Mercedes travelling westbound on Mayfield Road.
The pedestrian was pronounced dead at the scene.
An investigation into the collision is ongoing.
Residents are asked to avoid the area.
- Employee at Brampton FreshCo. tests positive for COVID-19
- Brampton woman identified as Hamilton murder victim
- Peel District schools in Brampton with reported cases of COVID-19 – September 24
- Dufferin-Peel Catholic District schools in Brampton with reported COVID-19 cases – September 24
- These are the pharmacies offering COVID-19 tests in Brampton
- Police Identify Elderly Man Killed After Being Struck by a Vehicle in Brampton
- Road closed after pedestrian struck by vehicle in Brampton
- Brampton Man Dead After Collision on Major Road in Caledon
- Road Closed After Pedestrian Struck in Brampton
- Road Closed After Cyclist Struck by Vehicle in Brampton