Man Dead After Interaction With Police in Brampton
The Special Investigations Unit (SIU) is investigating after a man died in Brampton post-police interaction this morning.
A 44-year-old man has died following an incident outside a Brampton residence, says the SIU.
According to the SIU, preliminary information suggests that at around 8:45 a.m. on October 31, 2017, Peel Regional Police responded to a call from a man.
Police attended outside a residence in the area of Bovaird and McLaughlin.
“Officers interacted with a man and he was transported to hospital by ambulance,” says the SIU. “The 44-year-old man was pronounced dead at hospital.”
Several officers and investigators are part of this investigation. Three investigators, two forensic investigators, two subject officers, and one witness officer have been assigned.
“The SIU is urging anyone who may have witnessed the incident to contact the lead investigator at 1-800-787-8529. The Unit is also asking anyone who may have any video evidence related to this incident to upload that video through the SIU website.”
- Man arrested in Brampton sexual assault investigation
- Brampton man charged with weapon offences after police seize loaded handgun
- SCAM ALERT: Utility companies urge customers to be vigilant ahead of holidays
- Here's what you need to know about the new regulations for airlines
- A Peel police officer has been charged with sexual assault