Man Dies After Being “Assaulted With Sticks” in Brampton
A man has died following a serious assault in Brampton, police say.
Peel police say that on Monday, March 19 at approximately 5:50 p.m., officers responded to reports of an assault taking place in the area of Sandalwood Parkway East and Cedarcliff Trail.
Police said there were reports of "two males assaulting another male using sticks."
Upon arrival, officers discovered the victim suffering from life-threatening injuries.
He was subsequently rushed to a Toronto trauma centre.
Police say 21-year-old Brampton man Paviter Singh Bassi was pronounced deceased earlier this morning at the hospital.
Investigators are asking witnesses with dash-cam video, surveillance video, or anyone who may have information concerning this investigation to contact Peel Regional Police Homicide and Missing Persons Bureau at (905) 453-2121 Ext 3205.
- Multiple charges laid for loitering in Brampton
- Brampton city council unanimously approves motion to increase road safety
- First responders attending to vehicle rollover in Brampton
- House of the Week: $1.6 Mil House with Insta-Worthy Backyard
- Federal wage subsidy to be extended to December, Trudeau says
- Man Charged Following Fatal Attack on Another Man in Brampton
- Victim in Trauma Centre After Reportedly Being Beaten with Sticks in Brampton
- Another Man Charged Following Fatal Attack on Brampton Man
- Third Murder Suspect Charged in Brampton Man's Death
- Fifth Murder Suspect Charged in Brampton Man's Death