Man Dies After Being “Assaulted With Sticks” in Brampton
A man has died following a serious assault in Brampton, police say.
Peel police say that on Monday, March 19 at approximately 5:50 p.m., officers responded to reports of an assault taking place in the area of Sandalwood Parkway East and Cedarcliff Trail.
Police said there were reports of "two males assaulting another male using sticks."
Upon arrival, officers discovered the victim suffering from life-threatening injuries.
He was subsequently rushed to a Toronto trauma centre.
Police say 21-year-old Brampton man Paviter Singh Bassi was pronounced deceased earlier this morning at the hospital.
Investigators are asking witnesses with dash-cam video, surveillance video, or anyone who may have information concerning this investigation to contact Peel Regional Police Homicide and Missing Persons Bureau at (905) 453-2121 Ext 3205.
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Geese play chicken on Brampton road
- Significant snowfall in the forecast for Brampton this winter
- Canadian government warning residents to beware of convincing new SIN scam
- Pink firearm seized by police in Brampton
- CANADA VOTES: Which party has the best plan to make life more affordable?
- Man Charged Following Fatal Attack on Another Man in Brampton
- Another Man Charged Following Fatal Attack on Brampton Man
- Victim in Trauma Centre After Reportedly Being Beaten with Sticks in Brampton
- Third Murder Suspect Charged in Brampton Man's Death
- Fifth Murder Suspect Charged in Brampton Man's Death