Man Facing Charges After Loaded Gun Seized During Traffic Stop in Brampton
A man is facing charges after allegedly being found with a loaded handgun during a traffic stop in Brampton.
Peel police say that on Monday, Jan. 22 at approximately 9:00 p.m. officers investigated a vehicle in the Dixie Road and Howden Boulevard area.
Police say the driver of the vehicle fled on foot and was arrested a short distance away.
Police allege that further investigation revealed that the accused was in possession of a loaded pistol.
Nineteen-year-old Brampton man Delon Green was arrested and charged with numerous offences, including dangerous operation of a motor vehicle, unauthorized possession of firearm, possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose, driving with a suspended license and more.
Green was held for a bail hearing and appeared in court on Tuesday, Jan. 23.
Anyone who may have any information pertaining to this matter may call the 21 Division Criminal Investigation Bureau at (905) 453-2121, ext. 2133.
- Driver stopped for going more than double the speed limit in Brampton
- Province confirms route for new highway that will run through Brampton
- Houses in Brampton significantly more expensive than they were just one year ago
- Many Canadians concerned about returning to their office
- Suspended driver allegedly caught with firearm during traffic stop in Brampton
- Police Seize Loaded Handgun, Drugs, and Cash Following Traffic Stop in Oakville
- Brampton man facing charges after police seize loaded firearm
- Males found with sawed off shotgun, other firearms after Brampton traffic stop: Peel police
- Police Seize Loaded Gun During Traffic Stop Just Outside Brampton
- Brampton Man Arrested for Gun Possession Following Traffic Stop