Man Seriously Injured After Striking a Police Cruiser and Pole in Brampton
A man who was allegedly impaired when he struck a police cruiser and then, some time later, a light standard, is currently in hospital with serious injuries, CP24 reports.
Shortly after 1:30 a.m. on Thursday morning, Peel police announced that officers were on scene at a collision in Steeles and Mavis Road area in Brampton. According to police, the driver fled the scene on foot and lanes were closed from Mavis to James Potter as a result.
A short time later, police announced they had the man in custody.
The vehicle actually captured the attention of authorities prior to hitting the light standard. Police told CP24 that they received a call for a possibly impaired driver in Mississauga and that a police cruiser was struck on Derry Road shortly afterwards.
The same vehicle struck the light some time later.
According to CP24, the man was arrested before being transported to hospital with serious injuries.
Photo courtesy of CP24 Twitter account
- Traffic light outage in Brampton causing delays
- Physical distancing fine issued in Brampton after backyard party
- Ontario extends business closures amid COVID-19 crisis
- Ontario reports over 450 new COVID-19 cases, over 130 cases confirmed in Brampton
- Police lay more than 50 charges against eight Brampton residents in connection to series of thefts
- Man Charged with Impaired Driving After Crashing into Police Cruiser and Pole in Brampton
- Police Report Cruiser Struck by a Vehicle
- Mavis Road closed due to collision involving police car
- Major Intersection Closed as Vehicle Crashes into Pole in Brampton
- Driver struck by vehicle after altercation with other driver: Peel police