Mandarin announces plan to close buffet and stop eat-in service
Mandarin, the incredibly popular Chinese buffet chain that operates locations across the GTA, recently announced that it's suspending dine-in service in the wake of the coronavirus outbreak.
In a letter posted to social media, James Chiu, Mandarin president, says that Mandarin Restaurants has made the "difficult decision" to suspend buffet and dine-in service at all 29 locations, effective March 16.
While diners will not be able to eat inside the restaurant until further notice, the company says it will still offer take-out and delivery service.
"With close to 20,000 guests visiting Mandarin locations daily and the evolving public health advice regarding mass gatherings, we are closing our buffet and dine-in service in an abundance of caution," Chiu writes.
"Though the buffets are closed, our staff will continue to provide delivery and take-out service for guests who are self-isolating or practising social distancing."
Cover photo courtesy of Mandarin’s official Facebook page
- Maple Leaf Foods closes Brampton plant as more employees test positive for COVID-19
- More than 500 new COVID-19 cases recorded in Ontario, 270 total cases found in Brampton
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Police help six-year-old boy from Brampton celebrate his birthday
- Two Maple Leaf Foods workers at two Ontario plants test positive for COVID-19
- Ontario reports 550 new COVID-19 cases, largest single-day increase so far
- Here's How to Get A Free Meal at Mandarin Soon
- Peel Public Health strongly supports closing bars, dine-in restaurants, nightclubs and theatres, effective 12:01 a.m.
- Canada Post suspending normal delivery guarantees for parcel service
- Dozens of Brampton restaurants offering takeout and delivery service during coronavirus outbreak
- IKEA Canada Introduces New Delivery Service