Massive Beach Sports Facility Set to Open in Brampton
We know, we know—who's thinking about beach sports when there's snow on the ground?
Well, we are—and we're thinking about them because there's actually a spacious beach sports facility slated to open up in Brampton in late April.
According to Canada Beach Sports, an organization that brings beach sports (think beach volleyball and other sand-friendly activities) to cities not exactly known for beaches, the company is launching a brand new location at the popular Brampton Fairgrounds this spring.
The company has partnered with the Region of Peel Agricultural Society to bring the sports and recreational establishment to the city. The 35,000 square foot facility, made with Hutcheson sand, will provide players with the opportunity to enjoy beach volleyball, soccer and football. It'll also offer kids' programs, equipment rentals and summer camps.
According to Canada Beach Sports, the company uses the same sand as the Federation of International Volleyball and Beach Soccer Worldwide.
Since the facility will be located a few minutes from the 410, it should be easy enough for local (and not-so-local) residents to access.
While the beach may not come with a bona fide ocean, it'll be a nice escape for people hoping to feel like they're on vacation while they're at home.
To register for summer programs, click here.
- Canadian military preparing to get involved in COVID-19 pandemic
- Over 400 new COVID-19 cases found in Ontario, with over 100 cases found in Brampton
- Anyone caught violating the EMCPA will be fined between $750 and $1,000
- Brampton making changes to transit routes starting March 31
- City of Brampton will now issue fines to enforce physical distancing amid COVID-19 outbreak