Massive Distribution Centre in Brampton Hiring Seasonal Workers
If you’re looking for a job in Brampton for the holiday season and you’re okay with some physical labour, now might be a great time to apply to Amazon’s massive distribution centre right here in Brampton.
The distribution centre at 8050 Heritage Road is hiring seasonal warehouse associates at a pleasant rate of $14.15 hourly, plus $125 if you bring a friend.
It seems a mass hiring is on the horizon, around the same time as the Toronto Region is vying for Amazon’s second North American headquarters, “HQ2.”
You might work a day or a night shift operating a forklift (if you’re qualified), picking, packing, and shipping, as a typical warehouse associate might.
A whopping 120,000 seasonal positions are up for grabs across North America, and starting in the warehouse could lead to a full-time job at Amazon.
With Brampton already making a splash to convince Amazon to come to Brampton, scoring a seasonal warehouse job might not be such a bad idea, if not just to make some extra cash for the holiday season (which is always useful!).
Back in September, Amazon announced that they would invest over $5 billion in construction and operation of “Amazon HQ2” and create 50,000 new jobs for the city in which they chose to set up shop. We reported that Brampton had entered a joint bid alongside Toronto, Mississauga, Durham Region, York Region, and Halton Region to win the title of home to HQ2.
To apply for a warehouse job, click here.
- Police searching for three suspects in relation to pair of purloined puppies
- Firefighters battling house fire in Brampton
- Brampton Firefighters attending to possible house fire
- A severe thunderstorm watch is now in effect for Brampton
- Ontario makes temporary change so businesses can avoid paying severance
- Amazon Bringing Hundreds of New Jobs to Brampton
- Brampton Could Be Home to the Amazon’s Second North American Headquarters
- Brampton's Chances for Amazon's Second North American Headquarters are Slipping Away
- Amazon allowing some temporary employees to stay on full-time
- Brampton Set to Make Joint Bid for Amazon's Second North American Headquarters