Massive Festival Celebrating Diversity Coming to Brampton
Brampton is one of the most diverse cities in all of Canada, bringing people of all walks of life together.
Of course, when people of many different cultures come together, they bring their own unique stories with them. Now an upcoming festival looks to highlight these unique and diverse stories for everyone to see.
The Festival of Literary Diversity (FOLD) looks promote the diverse authors and stories of Brampton.
Through the City of Brampton’s Community Grant Program, the festival includes more than 20 unique sessions over four days. Over thirty of Canada's most exciting authors will speak throughout downtown Brampton.
These sessions will be hosted at the many facilities of the city, including the Rose Theatre and City Hall, as well as the Peel Art Gallery, Museum, and Archives (PAMA).
The festival highlights stories that show diversity, a major part of Canada's national identity and literary economy. The plan is for a "three fold" approach: engaging readers, inspiring writers and empowering educators.
Along with the speaker sessions, the festival will also feature numerous workshops and activities. For young artists and writers, the FOLD Kids Book Fest will be holding contests for students in kindergarten through Grade 7.
From April 10th to June 15th, 2019, students residing in the Peel Region can submit to the contest in their age group. Winners will be invited to celebrate their achievements at a special event at the FOLD Kids Book Fest in September.
The FOLD festival will start on Thursday, May 2 until Sunday, May 5. Festival passes are available for purchase now, but are in limited supply and only available to buy until April 30.
Passes for the full festival will cost $110, with a Saturday or Sunday pass each priced at $45.
For more information on FOLD festival:
- Canadian military preparing to get involved in COVID-19 pandemic
- Traffic study identifies most dangerous streets in Brampton
- LATEST: Ontario reports 211 new cases of COVID-19 and two additional deaths
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: First responders salute hospital workers in Brampton
- House of the Week: $4.6 Mil Massive House with Stunning Interior
- Huge Literary Festival Celebrating Diverse Authors is Coming Back to Brampton
- Major Literary Festival Set to Hit Brampton Soon
- An Exciting Film Festival is Coming to a Theatre Near You
- A Popular Poutine Festival Is Coming To Brampton Soon
- Talented Brampton Photographers Can Submit Work to Prestigious Festival