Massive Filipino Fast Food Chain Jollibee Officially Opening Outside Brampton
If you're a big fan of foreign fast food chains, you are in luck— Heartland in Mississauga is about to be home to a restaurant giant that's rapidly expanding throughout Asia and North America.
Jollibee, the largest fast food chain in the Philippines, is set to open a location right in our neck of the woods.
The brand, which offers burgers, chicken, noodles, rice meals, sandwiches and breakfast, will be located inside the soon-to-open Seafood City location in Heartland Town Centre.
The creative and growing brand offers a range of Asian and North American staples, boasting traditional fast-food hamburgers, spaghetti (which is definitely an unusual find at quick-service chains), fried chicken, garlic pepper beef, spring rolls, corned beef breakfast dishes and more.
As for Seafood City, that's an exciting opening in and of itself.
For those who don't know, Seafood City is a Filipino supermarket with over 20 locations in the U.S. The brand specializes in Filipino food and products and Mississauga will be home to the chain's first Canadian location. The store is expected to open in spring of 2017.
Seafood City got its start in San Diego in 1989 when it was established to provide a little taste of home to the city's sizeable Filipino community. While the store attracted a great number of Filipino shoppers, it also introduced the country's cuisine to American shoppers.
Ideally, Heartland's Seafood City will give Mississauga's many Filipino residents a taste of home. The store should also appeal to a range of shoppers from all backgrounds interested in trying something a little more unique.
- Driver stopped for going more than double the speed limit in Brampton
- Province confirms route for new highway that will run through Brampton
- Houses in Brampton significantly more expensive than they were just one year ago
- Many Canadians concerned about returning to their office
- Police searching for suspects of carjacking with knife in Brampton
- Massive Filipino Supermarket Opens First Canadian Location in Peel
- Could This Massive Filipino Fast Food Chain Open in Brampton?
- Highly-Anticipated Filipino Supermarket Announces Official Opening Date Just Outside of Brampton
- Huge Filipino Supermarket Will be Even Bigger Than Expected
- What’s Happening with the Upcoming Jollibee Location Near Brampton?