Massive Jazz Festival Coming to Brampton
Fun events and festivals have boomed in Brampton all summer, and now, the largest, free jazz festival in Peel Region is set to rock downtown Brampton today!
On Saturday, September 9, the World of Jazz Festival 2017 will take over Garden Square, Vivian Lane, Beaux Arts, and several restaurants.
Local non-profit group B-Jazzed is organizing the event, alongside sponsors such as JN Asensio Realty and the Downtown Brampton BIA.
The event aims to highlight jazz musicians from Brampton and the GTA, and celebrate the diversity and culture of jazz music - how “jazz” is interpreted in music and styles from around the world.
Here’s what you can expect next Saturday:
- Long & McQuade Musical Petting Zoo and clinicians
- Indian Jazz Fusion - Autorickshaw
- Latin Jazz Fusion - Gregorio Uribe
- Funk Jazz Fusion - Larnell Lewis Group
- Carabram World of Food - showcasing Brampton's food scene
- Live Art Competition - visit artists at work & vote for People's Choice Award
The lineup of performers for the jazz fest also includes Carmen Spada, The Carn Davidson 9, and the Toronto Jazz Orchestra, and there will definitely be jam sessions happening across the downtown core.
The bulk of festivities will take place at Garden Square, but other locations will also feature some some jazz throughout the day - head to La Catrina at 3 p.m. or 7 p.m., Cantina Fellini at 7 p.m., Beaux Arts throughout the day, and Wendel Clark’s for a late night jam from 11 p.m.-1 a.m.
“We really want to highlight that the event is family friendly,” Cindy Cibantos, project manager at JN Asensio Realty and one of the event organizers, told inbrampton.com.
The Farmer’s Market and Live Art Festival will be running concurrently to the jazz festival, so it’s guaranteed to be a lively event.
“We’ll be working alongside them as well, to promote each others’ events,” said Cibantos.
The event will run from 1-11 p.m., and admission is free.
For more details, click here.
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Brampton Batman Gets Pulled Over by Police
- Thousands of Patients Were Stuck on Hallway Stretchers at Brampton Civic This Year
- Pedestrian Struck at Intersection in Brampton
- Here’s When a Highly-Anticipated American Store Will Be Opening Its First Peel Location
- More Affordable Housing Coming to Brampton