Men Arrested After Severe Beating Leaves Man in Critical Condition in Brampton
Two Brampton men are facing charges in connection with a violent attack that left a 44-year-old Brampton man with serious injuries.
On June 27 at approximately 12:35 a.m., the alleged attackers—who were known to the victim—confronted him over a property dispute in the Oaklea Blvd. and Ray Lawson Blvd. area. According to police, the victim attempted to flee and was chased behind Pauline Vanier Catholic Elementary School.
Police say the accused attackers tied the victim's hands and proceeded to assault him, punching him repeatedly and striking him with a shoe.
Police were called to the area and located the victim behind the school, suffering from serious physical trauma. He was transported by ambulance to a trauma centre in Toronto, where he remains in critical condition.
Nineteen-year-old Jashan Sharma and 46-year-old Gurmail Sandhar were arrested at the scene and have been charged with aggravated assault and forcible confinement.
They were both held for bail hearings.
Anyone with information about this investigation is asked to call investigators at 22 Division Criminal Investigation Bureau at (905) 453-2121, ext. 2233.
- Brampton Men Charged in Assault Sending Victim to Trauma Centre
- Suspect Arrested Following Criminal Harassment Investigation in Brampton
- Man Arrested in Connection with Attempted Murder in Brampton
- Four Teens Arrested Following Alleged Stabbing and Robbery in Brampton
- Police Arrest Man in Connection with Sexual Assault on 12-Year-Old in Brampton