Mobile COVID-19 testing centre returns to Brampton with extended hours
The Region of Peel’s mobile COVID-19 testing site will be returning to Gore Meadows Community Centre in north Brampton this Friday, June 26.
In early June, the first mobile testing centre at Gore Meadows tested many residents and was one of the many actions that has contributed to the Region of Peel being able to move into Stage 2.
The mobile testing unit will continue to strategically move through neighbourhoods that are most in need of testing to keep up the positive trend.
Hours are also being extended until 8:00 pm to help more residents attend for testing in the evening hours.
The testing will take place at Gore Meadows Community Centre in Brampton located at 10150 The Gore Rd on Friday, June 26.
The testing hours will be from 10:00 am until 8:00 pm.
Before attending, residents should remember and anyone experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 should attend one of the hospital-based assessment centres for testing, rather than attend the mobile location.
Residents are also reminded to wear a non-medical mask upon arrival.
Depending on their risk of exposure, residents attending the mobile testing location may need to self-isolate at home for 14 days following their test or until their results come back negative.
The test results will then be available online for anyone with a green Health Card.
Mobile testing across Peel Region is made possible through a partnership between Ontario Health (Central), Region of Peel, Peel Public Health, Peel Paramedics, primary care, community partners and hospital partners like Headwaters Health Care Centre, Trillium Health Partners and William Osler Health System.
For information on this and future mobile testing centres and results, visit https://peelregion.ca/coronavirus/testing/
- All COVID-19 cases in Brampton schools for the week of September 14 to 19
- Seven of the top 10 most rat-infested cities in Ontario in GTHA
- Police investigate possible kidnapping of a female in Brampton
- PICK A SIDE: Should Ontario return to Stage 2?
- BREAKING: Ontario rolls back social gathering limits in response to rising COVID-19 cases
- Mobile COVID-19 testing centre returning to Brampton
- Mobile COVID-19 testing centre returning to City of Brampton
- Another mobile COVID-19 testing site being held in Brampton this week
- Peel’s first pop-up COVID-19 testing site to be held in Brampton
- Ontario testing lags as one health unit announces random spot test plan